Sunday, November 23, 2008

In The week of Ginger

I would like to wish myself a very Happy Birthday. That's right I turned a year older this week. Along with getting older I lost a few memory cells as well. I've been so forgetful this past week and I can only blame it on my age. I'm not looking forward to next year to see how much more of my memory will be shot. I mean come on I'm only 28(31), that's still young, right?


What else is going on? Yes, we just found out Justin is leaving December 7th for two months to go over seas and serve his country. We are a little, okay a lot bummed out that he will be gone for Christmas, but what can we do. In order to have a him home for Christmas we will be having a Thanksgiving/Christmas here at the Benson house this year. It is going to be a big surprise for the kids.

Last night I had a fun time with some of my friends and went and saw Twilight. I liked it but I LOVE the book better. Of course I can't wait to see New Moon. Just found out they will be making the sequel, so excited!!!

Today in church I just got released from my ward calling as being the Ward Bulletin person, it was a fun easy job, but I coulden't help feeling I need something a little more challenging. So today they called me to be apart of the Wards Activities Committee. I can't tell you how excited I was to receive this calling, I've been wanting it since I served on it in Germany. I have so many ideas just waiting to come alive.

Hope everyone has a very wonderful Thanksgiving. And Merry Christmas.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

What? I didn't know it was your birthday! Why did you not let it be known? Happy Birthday!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

BUMMER!!! I'm sorry Ginger :( You always have the best attitude though and are such an example to me. I hope you had a great birthday my sweet friend.
Well-Merry Christmas early for you Bensons.

Love ya girl-

Em xoxoxo

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Oh- and that is the best picture I have ever seen of you. You look stunning!!!!

Brooke said...

I really like your hair like that, Ginger! Happy late birthday. Please remember that we're all here for you Ginger while Justin is away. Please don't hesitate to ask for anything.

Angie said...

You would make a good Bella in the next movie Ginger!

Allison said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture. You look great. Sorry I forgot your birthday this year, Happy Birthday!

Heather said...

Happy Belated Birthday...What?! No lunch dates...

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

You will be perfect on the activities committee! I am so excited for that to come alive in our ward!

Rebecca said...

Happy Happy Birthday! (You don't look a day over 27.) And I too love that picture. You're definitely lookin' good!