Thursday, June 18, 2009

Two words....

Paula Deen. We all know I love this lady, but thank goodness I don't cook her recipes all the time. I would be in BIG trouble.

Last week I went to a friends baby shower and made some yummy Orange Brownies and they were just to die for. Of course being a Paula Deen's recipe it is only right that is be fully loaded with butter and sugar. Just one bite will send you into a sugar shock.





Orange Brownies:

Makes about two dozen brownies

2 cup sugar

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1tsp salt

1 cup butter, softened

4 large eggs

2 tsp orange extract

2 tsp orange zest, divided

1 cup confectioners' sugar

2 tbl orange juice

Garnish: fresh orange rind

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13*9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, and salt; add butter, eggs, orange extract, and 1 teaspoon zest. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Spread batter into prepared pan, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and set in center. remove from oven, and pierce brownies with fork.

In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice, and remaining 1 teaspoon zest; stir until smooth. Pour glaze over brownies. Cool, and cut into squares. Garnish with fresh orange rind, if desired.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

These were delish! Travis keeps asking me to make them. Thanks for the recipe and thanks for bringing them to my shower.

Kristen said...

Yummy. I can't wait to make these for my family-I know I would eat the whole thing myself. Thanks!

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Yummo!! You can always count on you to make DEEEEELICIOUS stuff.

Angie said...

I keep checking your blog for new posts....shall I stop checking??